Friday, December 28, 2007

It's Bedtime...

Upstairs we go to take a bath. Red adores the bathtub. Tonight it was "super-bubbly" at his request. He jumps into the tub as he would the swimming pool. Water sloshes over the edges and all over my shirt. (Who's getting the bath?!) Red gets his hair wet, his contribution to the "getting clean" part of the bath, then proceeds to create an adventure in the tub. Sometimes he is a scuba diver swimming with sharks. Sometimes a dolphin that dives from one end of the tub to the other. Other times he is a pirate in search of a treasure. Whatever the adventure, there is lots of splashing involved.

After the bath, on go the pj's and then to his room to pick a book. Red Head loves books and loves to read. He has quite an impressive library of which we have read every book. Tonight he chooses "Pirates Don't Change Diapers". This is the sequel to "How I became a Pirate". These are two of his favorites.
They are about a boy named Jeremy Jacob who befriends a comical crew of pirates led by a captain by the name of Braid Beard. Very cute books. Franky, Alex, Sophie (our Rat Terrier) and I all climb into Red's twin bed and bury ourselves in the nights selection.


Once the book has been read, we give our good night hugs and kisses. Alex blesses himself. We turn on his music (that he's listened to every night since he came home). Out go the lights.

Good night, Red.

Good night Mom and Daddy.

Sweet Dreams...

2 comments:

coastalgrl said...

He is getting so BIG I can't believe it. Kris has been staying with me now for almost a week and I ask myself ...when did he get so tall...or Man I can't believe he is 14 .... times goes by sooooo fast.

Thanks for helping me/ I would love to see Alex next time I am in Bakersfield....

gardngirl said...

Next time you come to town, give us a call. Alex had a blast with Gracie at his last birthday!It would be fun to let them play and great to see you guys.