Thursday, May 8, 2008

How Many Points Do I Have?

As I mentioned in a previous post, we have been on Weight Watcher's. Franky and I started back in February as an attempt to not only lose weight but change the way we eat and get healthy. When I told Mom we were on it, she got motivated and she and Dad started as well. When they got here, Mom joined with me and while they were here, we both attended the meetings.

I have to say it was so awesome. We all participated in making our meals. We all became addicted to pico de gallo (Franky and I had started that trend and were already addicted to it when Mom and Dad got here.) We would all help cut up the various components. Mom cooked all sorts of wonderful dishes from the Weight Watcher's cook book and we modified some of the recipes to make them even better. In the evening we walked to the strawberry patch close to our home and got fresh strawberries for shortcake. Dad would cut them up. We would take turns preparing them. Dad liked it when Franky made them the best...he really loaded up the cool whip!! Mom and I would scrap it off and give it to one of the guys!

Red caught on quickly that something was going on. All this talk about "points". He frequently asks "How many points do I have." We just tell him he has lots of points!!!

I am very proud to say that I have lost the 100+ pounds I gained over the last 12 years. I currently weigh 15 lbs. less than when Franky and I got married. Even better than losing the weight, my lab work relating to my diabetes is all normal! Yeah!!!

Franky has lost around 35 pounds and is currently weighing what he weighed in high school. We are exercising and feeling great.

Mom has lost 11 pounds so far. She and Dad have started walking now that they're at home. Yippee!!! So proud of us all.

No comments: