Sunday, July 27, 2008

Queen of Procrastination

Well, the deadline to enter the contest I had thought of entering is three days away and this Queen of Procrastination has not made any steps toward getting these pages submitted.

In part due to lack of time to sit and write out the material lists. And, I will admit, partly because I am a chicken.

As the day approached, I became more and more nervous about sending them in. So, I decided to just go ahead and post some of them here. I really have been having fun working on these pages.
I've just been selecting my favorite photos and colors that inspire me. And maybe one of these days, I will send them some where!
I have a few favorites. On the top of the list is the page titled "grow". I love the photo of Franky and Red walking in between the two giant trees. So metaphoric of life and watching Red grow.

My second pick has to be the "peek-a-boo" page. The day I took these pictures, Red and I had spent a fun evening in the front yard. One I don't want to forget.

The third page I like the best is "happy". My parents had just sent Red a new driver and golf bag. The smile on his face would've lit up a dark night. That page was quick and easy. Love the colors, too.


The "makin' a splash" page was a lot of fun to put together. Those colors are such a representation of summertime. They make you feel as though you are a part of that wonderful day in the water.


I like the page of us at Morro Bay, too. It isn't too often that I relinquish control of the camera long enough to allow a picture to be taken with me in it! Franky and I have made a pact that I will start letting him have some "behind the camera" time so that Red will remember what I looked like as he looks back at his childhood!!!



I hope you all enjoy my work! I will keep everyone posted. You all will be the first to know when I do submit a layout! Until then, I'm going to keep on playing and having fun recording our memories.

No comments: