Sunday, January 6, 2008

HaPpY New Year

Where did the year go? I'm a little behind. I've been busy writing a three page resolution list! JK. Actually, I decided that this year I am not going to have"resolutions". Instead I am taking the lead of a life artist (aka scrap booker), I admire. She suggests having a word for the year.

My word for this year is "patience". (Do I hear laughing?) I think it is a great word to aspire to. I'm not just referring to patience with Red. I tend to be very inpatient with life in general. So, that said, I will be thinking about my word of the year a lot.

I also have some goals set for the year. (Goals are something to reach for. The word"resolution" makes me cringe!)

Weight loss and better health are two of the goals Franky and I have established together.We've become very inspired by The Biggest Loser and decided to take "before" pictures to keep us motivated, refer back to when we become fabulous, or to use as an appetite suppressant in the mean time! I will not go into more detail but, will say my Mom and Dad are still laughing at the description I gave them over the phone and are begging me to send the pictures to them... NO WAY!!!

A goal I have set for myself for 2008, is to have a page or mini book published in a scrap booking magazine. Last year I would have an occasional scrap booking day here at home. This year I am going to try to have one once a month so I can practice! : )

Wishing you all a New Year filled with happiness.

2 comments:

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

Will you be making a scrapbook of your journey to health & fitness? I wanna see!!!

gardngirl said...

That's a good idea.But if I do, I sure will not be including the before picture I was talking about in this post. VERY Scarey!!! :)