Monday, January 26, 2009

My Playroom


I have finally finished working on my scrap booking room. It is absolutely wonderful! Now I actually have three separate work spaces. One (my fabulous apothecary cabinet given to me by my parents for just this purpose) I will stand at to put my projects together. The second is our desk that (for the first time) will be a place where we can use the lap top, write out bills, work on homework (Red starts Kindergarten this year) and enjoy our view of the neighborhood. The third spot is the white cabinet that holds our desk top. It was normally a "catch-all" for junk mail, bills, Red's preschool work, old magazines and lotsa dust bunnies!

To some, this space may still look a little cluttered. But to me it is PERFECT. I am surrounded by many things I love. Paper, material, rubber stamps, buttons (both old and new), ribbon, adorable little millinery supplies, pictures, my Grandmother's old sewing machine, vintage cameras, books and the list goes on...

I don't think I'll ever leave this room. :)

My most favorite "new" object in my playroom is this old printer's drawer. It is the perfect stamp holder. I got the idea from one of the scrapping pros. It was originally intended for something much different. I love the peely old green paint and the wonderfully rusted hardware. I look at it and can imagine a bustling print shop. I imagine all of the hands that have touched the handle, pulling out the drawer to find just the right stamp...Ooooh, I LOVE that!

I feel so very inspired to create something fun...But then I look at the rest of the house.

I take one last look at my beautiful space and smile. Now to tackle another room. Can I make another space look equally inspiring? Hmmm. We'll have to wait and see.


No comments: