Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day (a little early)

Red head was happy as a clam when I told him I wanted to take some pictures of him with the American Flag for Veteran's Day. I got him dressed then outside we went to our favorite "at home" picture spot. He was doing his very excited wiggle dance when he saw that I was handing him the flag. How cute (until he started to wave it around like a sword!). I guess maybe it might not have been such a good idea to let him be a pirate for Halloween.

On Monday is Porterville's Veteran's Day Parade. I LOVE this parade. I get the goose bumps listening to the bands play the Star Spangled Banner and America the Beautiful. Last year Red Head could hardly contain his excitement. He loved the bands, fire trucks, color guard (he yelled right along with them) and the Shriner's zipping around in their funny little cars. I can't wait to see what he thinks this year.

Today we went to Exeter's Chili Cook-Off. (Franky and I had been to this before. We got there too early. Salivated over the smells of the cooking chili. Got too hungry to wait for the sampling and ended up eating something else and then going home.)

Me, Alex, Grandma Mary, my best friend, her future daughter-in-law and her adorable grand baby went to check it out. We got there too early. Salivated over the smells of the cooking chili. Got too hungry to wait for the sampling and ended up eating something else. (Sound familiar?) Instead of going home though, we walked around the shops and visited. It was a fun day.

I hope you all have a terrific weekend. Enjoy Veteran's Day.

P.S. Happy Veteran's Day, Dad. We love you.

No comments: